Section 1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) In the following we tell you how your personal data is registered when using our website. Personal data refers to all data that alludes to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user activity.
(2) The data controller as defined under Article 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
Karl Heitz Industrievertretungen GmbH
Senner Str. 151
Tel. +49 (521) 9 50 05 -02
Fax. +49 (521) 9 50 05 -33
You can reach our data protection officer at email@example.com or by post, addressed to “der Datenschutzbeauftragte”.
(3) When contacting us via e-mail or a contact form, the data that you supply (your e-mail address, and your name and your phone number where applicable) will be saved by us in order to respond to your inquiries. We will delete any data registered in connection with this as soon as it no longer needs to be stored, or restrict any processing to a minimum if statutory retention periods apply.
(4) Where we intend to use contracted service providers for certain elements of our service offering or use your data for commercial purposes, we will inform you in detail as to the respective processes as defined below. We will also provide details of the criteria as regards storage duration.
Section 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights with respect to us as regards your personal data: Right to information,
- Right to correction or deletion,
- Right to limitation of processing,
- Right to objection to processing,
- Right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to complain about the processing of your personal data by us to a competent data protection supervisory authority.
Section 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) When using our website merely for informative purposes, i.e. if you do not use our contact form or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following information that is technically necessary for us in order to display our website and to ensure its stability and security. The legal basis for this is Art. 6(1) sentence 1 (f) GDPR:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Amount of data transferred
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the data mentioned previously, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive, assigned to the browser you are using, that provide certain information to the body that sets the cookie (in this case us). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offering altogether more user-friendly and effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functioning of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c).
b) These cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include session cookies in particular. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This allows your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser setting according to your wishes and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or any cookies at all. Please be aware that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
f) The flash cookies used are not captured by your browser but by your flash plug-in. Furthermore, we use HTML5 storage objects, which are stored on your device. These objects store the required data irrespective of your browser and do not have an automatic expiration date. If you do not want flash cookies to be processed, you need to install a corresponding add-on, e.g. “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/en/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash Killer Cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using private mode in your browser. In addition, we recommend that you regularly delete your cookies and the browser history manually.
Section 4 Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called cookies, which are text files stored on your computer that analyze your website usage. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website is usually transmitted and stored by Google on servers in the USA. By activation of the IP anonymization on this website, your IP address will be truncated by Google within the territory of Member States of the European Union or other contractual parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the complete IP address be first transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing them other services relating to website activity and Internet usage.
(2) The IP address that your browser conveys within the scope of Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”, truncating IP addresses so as to prevent them from being directly linked to a particular individual. If any of the data collected in relation to you is linked to you personally, this will be excluded immediately and thus any personal data deleted immediately.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website so we can improve it regularly. We can use the statistics obtained from this to improve our offering and tailor it to you as a user. In exceptional cases where personal data is transmitted to the USA, Google is bound by the terms of EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
Section 5 Use of Google Maps
(1) This website uses Google Maps. This allows us to display interactive maps on our website and enables convenient use of the map function.
(2) By visiting the website, Google will be informed that you have accessed the relevant sub-page of our website. The data specified under Section 3 of this policy will also be transmitted. This happens regardless of whether Google supplies a user account that you are logged into or you do not have a user account. If you are logged into Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not want this information associated with your Google profile, you must log out before pressing the button. Google saves your data in a usage profile and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or to provide tailored user experiences on its website. This analysis serves (even for those users who are not logged in) to facilitate tailored advertising and inform other users of the social network of your activities on our website. You are entitled to object to such user profiles being created; to assert this right of objection please refer directly to Google.
Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has bound itself to the terms of the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Section 6 Use of Albacross
This website uses Albacross technology from Albacross Nordic AB to collect and store data for the purposes of marketing, market research and optimization.
This data can be used to generate usage profiles under a pseudonym. To do so we use what are referred to as tracking scripts that serve to collect company-related data. Data collected using these technologies will not be used without the separate consent of the data subject to identify visitors to this website personally, nor will it be merged with any personal data relating to the bearer of the pseudonym.